What gender is my d’uccle?

Welcome to BYC! Typically it's best to start your own thread. You usually get more replies that way.

How old is your d'Uccle? I believe I see male saddles.
We think the blue D'uccle is coming up to 12 weeks old now. The hen behind it is a Pekin. We are keeping them separate from our main flock until about 14 weeks of age. But if the D'uccle is actually a Cockerel we'll have to take him back to the previous owner sadly.
Thank you for your advice and interesting to hear about the cross beak too. Something I wasn't aware off.

We think the blue D'uccle is coming up to 12 weeks old now. The hen behind it is a Pekin. We are keeping them separate from our main flock until about 14 weeks of age. But if the D'uccle is actually a Cockerel we'll have to take him back to the previous owner sadly.
Thank you for your advice and interesting to hear about the cross beak too. Something I wasn't aware off.
He's definitely a cockerel. Thank you for the age! It's helpful for future readers to be able to see the age with development.

Not sure if this is what we are supposed to do when asking for the groups guidance but I've got a Belgium D'uccle I'd like help identifying too. Please see photo and let me know what you think. Thanks : - )
How old is he, I definitely think he’s a roo due to the comb. Here’s my d’uccle with a small comb and she’s a year old
93D029F7-2B61-4421-BDAB-962FC929BEAD.jpeg
652DB19F-A406-479F-9AE8-2F565453203E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom