IMG_4849.PNG
Hi guys just curious what gender y'all think my pekin duck is. 11-12 weeks old

Attachments

• IMG_4849.PNG
    IMG_4849.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
a male duck (drake) sounds like he has larengitis (sp). he will never make the
quacking sound.
pekin drakes have more of a flat portion on their head. the females heads are unmistaably round.

and the males will develope a couple of really curly feathers on their back just ahead of the tail.

I can't tell by the picture, but he looks like a he to me..
.....jiminwisc....

a male duck (drake) sounds like he has larengitis (sp). he will never make the
quacking sound.
pekin drakes have more of a flat portion on their head. the females heads are unmistaably round.

and the males will develope a couple of really curly feathers on their back just ahead of the tail.

I can't tell by the picture, but he looks like a he to me..
.....jiminwisc....
I've always called him a he and now I'm not sure. He doesn't have the curly feathers. Is he too young to have them yet?

I've always called him a he and now I'm not sure. He doesn't have the curly feathers. Is he too young to have them yet?
Yeah, youll have to wait a few more weeks for that. The best and earliest way to tell is the voice. If he is honking a bit, that may be the quack coming out ;)
Pekins are hard to tell by colour, sorry :p

Yeah, youll have to wait a few more weeks for that. The best and earliest way to tell is the voice. If he is honking a bit, that may be the quack coming out ;)
Pekins are hard to tell by colour, sorry :p
So he like chirps still but when I leave the room he is super loud does that mean he's probably a she?

Back
Top Bottom