What gender is this Easter Egger?

acw123

Songster
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Charlottesville
So this is an EE that hatched Dec 1st. It is most likely a Leghorn X EE, not sure which was which for mom and dad but that is what was around. So...just not sure. Had others that were definitely roosters that had waddle and comb development that far surpassed this one that were in same batch but were EE x Marans crosses. I have had EE before that I was sure had to be a rooster since it's comb colored up so quickly and had a bit faster waddle development but ended up he was a she and I was pleasantly surprised. So I have held on to this one after rehoming the obvious roosters in hopes it is a hen. Let me know what you all think.

I'm guessing....girl
hu.gif

Hooray! me too. I am thinking she is just an early/fast developer. My husband was doubting me so I figured I better get some other opinions.

Wondering if anyone out there thinks that EE in general develop quicker or is just the Leghorn in this one?

i know but the others she hatched with had waddles and combs that were easily three times the size of hers and that was over 2 weeks ago. The last EE I had developed like this as well. I am going to keep hoping it is a girl and let a bit more time pass. thanks.

I took a look and said: Sorry, BOY! Pea comb, that red? Oh yeah. But then... You mentioned the Leghorn cross, hmmm now it gets interesting, my leghorn hens have some big ole red combs. So yes, I'm thinking either a boy or girl. Although, I'm leaning more toward boy. Sowwy!

I think boy. You probably shouldn't compare between them because they will have different comb development since they are mixes and will have a distribution of the mixed genetics.

Back
Top Bottom