What genes do you suppose contribute to this color?

Partridge, Silver, Columbian, Melanotic.

Curious why you think it is Partridge? There's hardly any down showing, and even improper down color for e+ doesn't automatically make it Partridge.

ETA - Partridge w/ Columbian would resemble an actual Columbian coloration
wink.png
Melanizer would make it look like a normal Silver Penciled bird, but with poor penciling. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Quote:
this is the List of Pheomelanin Diluters that Can't dilute the hen's Salmon Breast..

Sex Link Silver (S)
Dominant Dilute (Di)
Champagne Blond (Cb)
Recessive Cream (ig)

this is the list that can so far..

recessive Lavender (lav)

thats. all...

Right, I said she isn't carrying it. (cream/dilute)

Lavender dilutes the whole bird though, changing her into an Isabel colored duckwing.
wink.png
Columbian however does a good job of washing off most or all of the salmon breast and turning the bird to a more Quail color (however true Quail requires melanizer and I believe pattern gene too but not fully sure on that)

Quote:
Columbian patterns are often based on partridge, not wheaton although they would appear wheaton based as adults.. Columbian with melanizers would be interesting and likely slightly laced, or poor partridge pattern. (The black of teh dirty backed Columbian hen with some pattern comes to mind).

I beleive the bird is a melanized duckwing variety possibly with the columbian gene adding to the diluted appearnace towards quail.

Oh THAT down. Right.

Well let me demonstrate.
smile.png

This here is a blue Duckwing with Columbian.

4996328998_197f571854_z.jpg

This is it as a chick. ( in the middle ) If it were black instead of blue, it would look identical to the OP's chick. (also the fact that it is golden, not silver, makes its underside lighter) Columbian turns a normally striped duckwing to a partridge-mocking color as a chick. Take a look at Quail d'Anvers and Easter Eggers.
wink.png

4463070962_b82123984e_o.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom