What gun should I get

There is no comparison to my Kimber, for me. Full size, 45 cal. It's the only one I can eat away the bullseye with. I might be getting a Kimber carry for Christmas.
My bedside protection and outside rat killer is a 22 cal Ruger with a long nose. Very little recoil. The kimber has alot of recoil, but it's so well balanced that it doesn't bother me.

When i did competition i preferred my .38 special for handguns and my H&K 91 for rifle.
smile.png

Get yourself a Dirty Harry pistol, a .44 Magnum. Ruger makes a nice one. I personally can't shoot one very well, the kick is a bit too much for me. A .357 has less kick but is still quite nice. My husband's .357 is a Smith and Wesson.

Quote:
A .44 mag is generally too much for inside the home. Lots of muzzle blast, lots of kick, and lots of noise. If you do end up in a self defense situation, you probably won't have hearing protection on
sad.png

Watch your ammo!

Might want to stock up now.

Remember how the Obamanation said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales.

So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.
)
They will also charge a .
05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo
you buy will go up at least $2.
50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Personally, I would go to a range that rents guns and try out different ones. Here one of the ranges sells guns, so I was thinking of going there and testing them before I bought. My husband's gun is a little too hard for me to cock.

Edited to say:
Iajewel, I don't think this was meant to be a political discussion. She made a slight reference, but overall she asked what gun she should get.

Personally, if anyone does a drive by and kills someone in my family if the cops can help trace who bought that ammo and thus find the killer easier by coding ammo--go for it. It's NOT the same as taking away your ammo.

If you don't want to throw out your ammo by the date, go play target practice for a bit.

I will sleep a heck of a lot better and crimes will get solved a lot easier if that new law does go into a affect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my dads Springfield 1911. It fits my small lady hands and it feels really comfortable. Shoots nice too. Told him I wanted one for Christmas and he told me to start saving!

I don't think I would ever shoot someones dog. I would get a electrified wire that would shock them. I have used a pellet gun and they soon learn to stay away and it will not kill them.. You could also have the dogs picked up by animal control.
There are alot of other options besides killing them. Dogs do have the nature to want to play with a chicken that is running and flapping wings.
Please don't kill the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom