What Guns Do You Keep On Hand?

Don't say that too loudly, or the fine folks in Albany will outlaw firearms transport in watercraft, just as they do in automotives and upon your person... The FAA has already covered aircraft, of course.
Not outlawed in vehicles. Just have to be in a hard case, because us hunters are known to do drive by shootings.

Hopefully this site isn't overly liberal.

So the question for us folks that live more rural is what guns you keep on hand to thwart potential predators?

Me? I keep a cheap but accurate 22lr on standby and a 12g shotgun with slugs when our birds are free ranging. And of course I always have my EDC on my hip.

We get everything from feral cats to bears and everything in between around here. Although the only thing I've personally seen on our property was a bobcat that our dog almost got into a tangle with.

The dog is the deterrent/ first line of defense, I'm the final say.

So, what arms do you folks in various areas of the country keep on hand for predators?

Crossbow.
Judo points (small game tips) work great and it's silent and don't have to worry about collateral damage like can happen with a shotgun. Although I have flipped a coyote with 20ga #4 buck.

When I had to dispatch the raccoons and groundhog I caught last spring in a live trap, I used my 9mm SIG. 4" away, head shot, over and done.

Should I ever talk DH into my hunting deer, I'd probably take a .45 1911, or a .357 revolver.

I'm cross dominant (right handed, but strongly left eye dominant), so handguns are easier for me to shoot well.

Back
Top Bottom