What Guns Do You Keep On Hand?

Seeing I live in NY......
All of my firearms were lost in a canoeing accident.
same thing here in Greedy Gretchen's state (MI). Sadly I lost all my firearms to a rouge wave on my favorite fishing pond, in case anyone comes asking 🤨. There’s a lake trout swimming around more than a few ‘lost’ firearms in Lk Superior…maybe Hoffa’s there too.

My very 1st 6 gauge.
Had to use this just last night.
Alabama passed night hunting for yotes and hogs. Being a land owner, with nuisance predators so very close to our home, pets and chickens, dont need one.
Coyotes sneaking around at my persimmon tree, could have headed to my chickens. They couldnt stay long, they had to hurry off... LoL

SNR .357 C02 powered.
Mainly for up close snakes, possum, stray domestic cat, you know small stuff.

Ruger Air Hawk Elite II.
A little bit farther away small stuff..

The air weapons are so quiet.

20221015_103005.jpg
20221015_102943.jpg
20221015_102612.jpg

I would prefer to use my personal weapon, SIG Fastback Nightmare.
Hubby wont let me....

I normally feel pretty secure as well. I will point out that here in Georgia, if a fox come in contact with your dog, the dog has to be quarantined in a state approve pen that includes the fence, doghouse and all on a cement slab. The estimated cost to have it done is $1500. Length of quarantine is ten days either in the “pen” or a state approved facility. With that said, last year I had a fox stalking my Border Collies by approaching the backyard fence. I called DNR and they gave me permission to dispense the fox. The only choice was a gun or a bow and arrow. Every year in the state there are attacks on humans and animals by rabid foxes. A planned kill, I use a shotgun. An unplanned encounter, I use the pistol. Today, I found a new foxhole on the backside of my property. So, I will be on the lookout for now. They have wiped out entire flocks around here recently and will stay in the area until the food supply is depleted Or they are killed.

Finally, the fence that separates my place from my neighbor’s is made of the 2 x 4 welded wire. He has goats. I found the foxhole today when I saw that a hole was torn in the bottom of the fence about 8 x 10 inches. I could Not have been convinced that a fox could do this until I saw it myself. There were fresh tracks and the hole appears fresh.

Back
Top Bottom