What Happended??????????

Good luck!
fl.gif

Good Luck Pampered, I just had a broody hatch ONE Silver Phoenix. She somehow got a hold of an egg, I had her on golf balls. She had sat on it for probably 6-8 hours by the time I saw her. Since she had been broody for abut 2 1/2 weeks at the time I just made a note in pencil on the egg and let her keep it. I thought she would abandon it. Nope. She saw it through, and is back to brooding. We have her baby in the house now with feather mom because Broody wasn't interested in the chick. In addition to that our nestbox is about 2 feet off the ground. My brooding pens get her in about 4 days. Once they are cleaned out, and stained I'll be moving any brooding hens into them. No more risk of falling babies.

Good luck, just wait until those cute little chipmunks hatch!!

Laney

I opened all the egg today, only 2 had piped through the membrane, those 2 the eggs sacs were completley absorbed the others never piped the membrane? What could of happened. Its an LG still air but I've used it many many times before. The Temp were 99 on the rack and 102 on top of the eggs. I kept a low humidity for the first 18 days and had it around 80% after that???? I did a carton hatch, I didn't elevate one side of the carton like some do, I hand turned the eggs (bantam eggs) so there was enough room to turn the eggs in the carton from one side to the other, I left them in the carton (was that my problem) although I've hatched like that before?? I'm just stumped!!??? The only thing I did different is I only turned them twice a day but I've slacked on my turning before?? Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom