What happened to bath towels?

CluckyCharms

Songster
7 Years
Sep 28, 2012
Missouri, but Montana in my dreams
My Coop
My Coop
Okay, I realize my body "ain't what it used to be" and I've packed on the pounds in recent years...but is it just me or have bath towel manufacturers started making bath towels *very small* in the last 10 years or so? I haven't been heavy forever, just the last couple of years, so I know it's not only the fact that there's more of me to wrap a towel around.

I remember when you purchased a regular "bath towel" it was fluffy, and *large* enough to wrap around yourself and still have a ton of extra material.

They seem to be very thin wherever I go now, and definitely not the large fluffy ones that used to be the norm.

Anyone know where I can purchase some *nice* bath towels that used to be standard but are now seemingly obsolete??

They want you to buy the more expensive "bath sheets" for a bigger towel.

We buy our towels at Costco and they are still as big as they used to be. I love them

This is just another form of hidden inflation. The towels are smaller, the cord on electrical appliances are shorter, the bars of soap are half the size they were a couple of years ago. The box is the same size though. I complained to my wife and she said "but it is so cute." Whenever a woman says that, there is no reasoning with her. I will continue to bathe with those darn soap chips.

What aggravates me most is opening a can of tuna and finding it is almost filled with water. Where is the tuna?

Wow that's just CRAZY!
ep.gif

This is just another form of hidden inflation. The towels are smaller, the cord on electrical appliances are shorter, the bars of soap are half the size they were a couple of years ago. The box is the same size though. I complained to my wife and she said "but it is so cute." Whenever a woman says that, there is no reasoning with her. I will continue to bathe with those darn soap chips.

What aggravates me most is opening a can of tuna and finding it is almost filled with water. Where is the tuna?

that reminds me of a fake commercial I heard on the radio show (I won't name names of the political talk show host it isn't important) a little boy tells his mother tuna doesn't taste like it used to, but this new company makes it the way the little boy remembers because others are realizing dolphins there are more of them to catch and put in their tuna.... not that I want more or any dolphins killed it was kinda funny.

Yep I agree, they are making them smaller!

I put the beach towel, the super sized towels and regular bath towels together, not that much different! I took my very old bath towel and it was much bigger than the so called super sized towels. I think the manufactors are trying to snoop us in buying them and finding out the differences!

Also durablity of those towels are pitiful! They wear out faster than my old ones. I've got towels that are twenty years old and still in good condition!

I can tell you what has happened to bath towels, they have become bath sheets. bath towels are now the size of ordinary towels and hand towels/guest towels are now the size of face flannels/wash cloths. Flippin' iritating isn't it?

I too have bath towels that are over twenty years old, but I am not real big on bathing. Towels made of cotton in the USA sure beat those made in China polyester things. Polyester does not absorb water, it just pushes it around.

Back
Top Bottom