What happened to some of the old time people.

I like the VIP interviews because I've seen a resurgence of some of the older members that I haven't seen around in a long time! Glad to see you back, OldRooster!

When they changed to the new format it was real difficult trying to work my way through the thing. They over sorted posts. Previously, one would encounter all sorts of issues. But now, if I don't have a problem in one area, I just ignore that area. Basically, I just post in threads about the economy, the bigfoot thread, and the Spanish language thread.

People get sick and die. They lose their chickens or their homes. Some get bored and give it up.

I don't do Facebook or Twitter. There is nothing going on in my life, but I sure don't want other people to know about it.

My wife does Facebook, and she spends hours looking into that darn little telephone that takes pictures. Some how, she got to be friends with people in Peru and Chile. We aren't sure how that happened.

People I miss are Pickles Pickles, the girl in South Carolina that made soap out of goats' milk, the lady from Nevada that was working in the bus system, the guy from Ontario that incensed all of the ladies by posting pictures of a dead animal. If you took the time to look at it, it was obviously made out of polyester.

What happened to Mahonri? He suddenly disappeared. Hopefully, he didn't die. He had a ton of kids to support.

Last edited:
Quote:
As I said I had joined about the time of the switch over I had just found it BARELY before it, I remember the "sky is falling" several times a day several days a week for a while, I had to learn from scratch anyhow so the "new" version was as new as the site to me. But I know it ticked a lot of people off. Nobody likes change, but if you live anytime at all you must change and accept change. I just miss the few people whom simply disappeared, but that happens with people in our lives in the non-computer world. the guy who bags your food at the store suddenly leaves for a different job, the gal whom you saw every mourning drinking her coffee at the shop you get yours from on the way to work, your neighbor whom moves across town who slips out of your life after a few months....

Where? He used to post in the Arizona thread, but now I cannot even find that thread.

Guess I'm an old timer now, I just got my 4 year badge. The first one you can get. I'm still around, but I also use FB. It help see things that don't always get to BYC.

hello there I was on this site for a long while.I was know know as( Vet). and I have seen some of my old post on here. I remember that some of us here in NC got together at the Pet Smart in Statesville NC . We would buy sell or trade. We really had a good time doing this. I wish we could do this some over the spring or summer. My new name is Bubsboaz. Thank You for remembering us old folks.
Thanks Bill

Back
Top Bottom