What Happened???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by saboyd, Jun 14, 2009.

1. saboyd

saboyd In the Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    I had some chicks in the brooder and we watched this thing like a "hawk." Poor illustration... I know...[​IMG]

However, right at the hatch date, everything was going great, yet four eggs didn't peep...at all, even though we had candled at 14 days and all seemed well. We left them in the bator for four extra days (hope against hope) and nothing! We took them outside today and cracked the eggs open and they were all fully developed, but they were all dead...

Any ideas as to what may have happened? FYI: we have a still air LG and we kept our eyes on the temp and humidity for 21 days... we really tried...

Also, this is not our first hatch....[​IMG]

2. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    I wish I had some answers for you, but I had the same thing happen and don't know why. It was my first hatch attempt, so I'm going to assume I did something wrong and just don't know what.

Hope somebody else can give us both some answers. I'm sorry for your loss, I know how it feels to wait all that time and be disappointed. [​IMG]

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Was the humidity too high and they drowned in the shell? Other than that, I don't know what else it could have been! I'm sorry!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: