What happened?

Quote:
I'd buy that, except 1) they're all from the same breeder; 2) They're in my kitchen, so I'm a stickler about keeping their area clean. Being indoors, they're not really exposed to pathogens.

The Teflon theory fits, though.
hmm.png

I would completely agree with the teflon theory, especially since you say the water completely boiled out. If teflon gets overheated, that's when it causes a problem. I lost a parakeet like that before, really bummed me out. So sorry you lost your babies.
sad.png

I'm sorry about your babies!

If teflon is heated warmer than medium heat (don't know what that translates to degree-wise) then it leaches into the air & into your food.

My aunt lost a bird in an adjacent room when cooking with her teflon pot.

The chemicals it puts out are endocrine disruptors for humans, and deadly to birds. We eliminated it from our kitchen over the past few years b/c of the dangers associated with it, and to reduce chemical load in our bodies & homes.

Im wondering if you have been feeding the chicks medicated feed. What happended to your birds sounds like coccidiosis. The older birds wouldnt have died because they would have built up immunity to it but the chicks wouldnt have. It happended to me when i lost 7 2 week old chicks (half the flock) in a space of a day. I feed them medicated feed now and i havent had chicks die since...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom