What happens to all the Rooster chicks?????

Getting chicks, in most the world, is not a problem. As it isn't here either. Feeding them is the problem.
Would day old chicks, hatched in Alabama, survive the transport to some foreign land, in any case?
None of this is realistic and none of it is sustainable.

Teaching and encouraging sustainable, small scale agriculture is a real solution.

Getting chicks, in most the world, is not a problem. As it isn't here either. Feeding them is the problem.

This is where the governments of the leading countries could come in. Monies could be set aside and transferred into holdings for this project. Monies could be raised through independent organizations. I'm in no way a financial consultant but organizations are set up all the time for needy causes.

Would day old chicks, hatched in Alabama, survive the transport to some foreign land, in any case?

The surplus supply of male chicks which are culled daily would not have to be shipped as day old chicks but would be housed until they reach the ages where transport would be possible

Teaching and encouraging sustainable, small scale agriculture is a real solution. .

In the US, the number of small farms is growing by 2% a year. In the Third World the focus of rural development is shifting from mechanization and the (false) economies of scale to programs that strengthen small farmers and their indigenous traditional methods. Wouldn't this be also a means for these third world countries to become even more sustainable in their food supplies over time?

I believe that to every problem there IS a solution...sometimes you just have to look very hard for it...and if you think you cannot find one then you have not looked hard enough...and nothing worthy ever happens over night...often the most challenging struggles are the most rewarding.... I don't think that any one person or 100 people could do anything to help....but if it was brought to a high enough place, with enough support.... I believe someone could figure it out....and besides there are starving and needy families right here in the USA...maybe it would not be a free-b and there might be a cost involved but what is the price on a country that helps its needy, and takes care of it's people, high and low, young and old, mighty and weak ??? So many here have excess...I know so many people that will not even eat left overs...We are a wasteful nation and we CAN do something about that, one step at a time, one person at a time, one thought at a time....all it takes is one person and one idea to light a fire and watch it run
rant.gif
bun.gif
SO RUN BABY RUN!!!!
D.gif

I believe that to every problem there IS a solution...sometimes you just have to look very hard for it...and if you think you cannot find one then you have not looked hard enough...and nothing worthy ever happens over night...often the most challenging struggles are the most rewarding.... I don't think that any one person or 100 people could do anything to help....but if it was brought to a high enough place, with enough support.... I believe someone could figure it out....and besides there are starving and needy families right here in the USA...maybe it would not be a free-b and there might be a cost involved but what is the price on a country that helps its needy, and takes care of it's people, high and low, young and old, mighty and weak ??? So many here have excess...I know so many people that will not even eat left overs...We are a wasteful nation and we CAN do something about that, one step at a time, one person at a time, one thought at a time....all it takes is one person and one idea to light a fire and watch it run
rant.gif
bun.gif
SO RUN BABY RUN!!!!
D.gif

thumbsup.gif
Here...Here.. Well said!!!
goodpost.gif

There are charitable organizations (Heifer International being one) where locally bred livestock (well, breeds capable of dealing with local conditions) are put into the hands of people capable of caring for them, along with the information and support to make the venture a success:

http://www.heifer.org/give/give

Last edited:
There are charitable organizations (Heifer International being one) where locally bred livestock (well, breeds capable of dealing with local conditions) are put into the hands of people capable of caring for them, along with the information and support to make the venture a success:

Thanks for posting this! Seems like they are doing great things.

Thanks for sharing this. Am going to send the link to a friend who runs a farm animal charity in S.A. they are doing lots to help not only animals, but also small farmers and they educate rural animal owners. Maybe we could do something like this here...

Thanks for sharing this. Am going to send the link to a friend who runs a farm animal charity in S.A. they are doing lots to help not only animals, but also small farmers and they educate rural animal owners. Maybe we could do something like this here...
This would be an excellent idea. You know you can count me in for sure!
goodpost.gif

I'm such a sap! I'm crying while I read about all the places that need our help...AND are raising families on 50 cents a day!!! Great Link! thank you so much for sharing! There is so much we can do...all we have to do is start (and that is the hardest part) I'm behind anyone who needs help getting this started here..COUNT ME IN!
highfive.gif
j

I'm such a sap! I'm crying while I read about all the places that need our help...AND are raising families on 50 cents a day!!! Great Link! thank you so much for sharing! There is so much we can do...all we have to do is start (and that is the hardest part) I'm behind anyone who needs help getting this started here..COUNT ME IN!
highfive.gif
j
Thank you annabell..
highfive.gif

Back
Top Bottom