What happens when the screen door slams...

If they even see us (and chickens have amazing eyesight) through the window of our back door- doesn't matter is we're coming out or not, we could be doing laundry is the mudroom or something- they set up such a ruckus you'd think the sky was falling. Especially our lead hen, Olympia- "Baaawwk, braak breeeeaaaaghhhhht" it sounds like she's being tortured... Then again maybe she is being tortured, poor depraved chicken with organic feed whenever she wants it and about a pound of scratch thrown to her every day, boy, life must be hard...
lau.gif

Mine are in a moveable free range run but if they see you ,look out. They take all sorts of treats out of our hands. When I want them to head into their permanent run I trick them by dropping food in. Greedy little birds!
Now, they have tricked me as well. When they want me to come running they make the "I laid an egg" noise. Thing is there is no egg, they just want me to come running because now they have ME trained to give them treats.( And I'm still waiting on those eggs!)
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom