What have I got?!

poleathletes

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 11, 2012
Hi all
My partner brought 4 chickens home from work a few days ago. Apparently the owner was going to 'neck' them and Liam just offered to take them instead. Only problem is I have no idea how old they are and i think 2 of them are cockerels?! Ive done a fair bit of research and know about colour of crop, looking at legs but need someone with more experience. I am happy to keep them but just would like to know what Ive got, if anyone has any advice or ideas if these are girls or boys and how old? that would be great.
I think these 2 might be cockerels?!

And I think the 2 below are hens?!

So if anyone can help with age and sex that would be great.

Thankyou very much

Lorna
xxxxx

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I think you are right, 2 boys and 2 girls.

Thankyou all for getting back to me so quickly! Im loving chicken ownership already :) Any guesses on how old they might be?
Thanks
xxx

they are gorgeous :) is anyone laying at the moment?

I noticed yellow and blue bands...not sure what type of band they are but I would take them off, especially the boys legs. They get thick quick! :)

maybe you can find out age from original owner? I didn't see much of a spur on the boys legs, so I would say they are not that old.

Last edited:
The best way would be to ask the person that he got them from from the pic you can't tell age to good and the sand's need to go betting that person got them from a egg house that use bands to keep up with age an after 2 years that get rid of them as egg slow down but i have seen some lay for menu years

Back
Top Bottom