What have you done for your chicklets today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenbaguette, Jan 1, 2012.

1. chickenbaguette

chickenbaguette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Treats, playthings, new house, extra bedding?
    What have you done for your chickens today? [​IMG]

2. mothernaturesdaughter

mothernaturesdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Williamsport
    Made one of those buckets with nipples for their water. Its great for keeping it clean and I can keep it inside the coop so it does not freeze. But, they are not thrilled with it because they prefer large gulps of water, so I am still using the old style too. Over all I think its gonna be great. Switched to chicken starter for the winter, and its working great they are pretty plump keeping them warmer, they eat about 3 times as much of that stuff as they do the laying pellets. More cost but they deserve it.

3. ryan820

ryan820 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Colorado
    I wished them a happy new year and have my hen, Cora, a squeeze. She likes to be held for some reason...she didn't grow up with that...no idea. Oh and I have them a heap of cracked corn....our roo looks a little skinny.

4. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Made them breakfast! Warm oatmeal with apple bits. They LOVE it. I am waiting for it to warm up a bit and then I am off to clean the coop and give them fresh shavings.

5. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    Planning on making mine breakfast tomorrow too... they love oatmeal, with oats and layers pellets, seeds and apples mixed in. We're making them a new run, and they had extra free-range time today [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  6. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    :d

7. One of the girls

One of the girls Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2011
    I fixed them a chicken tostada:

Whole wheat tortilla, big scoop of heavily red-peppered cottage cheese, topped with lettuce, julienned carrot and cabbage. [​IMG]

8. chickenbaguette

Jul 2, 2011
    Wow! xD

9. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Some warm oatmeal with overripe bananas on top and stale Chex cereal. The first snow I wanted them to come outside, it worked briefly.

10. kelidei

kelidei ~*Dances with chickens*~

Mar 18, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    DH and I decided to get healthier this year. We got a juicer this Christmas and began juicing. I don't know who is enjoying it more... DH and I or the chickens!!!

What we get~~~

[​IMG]

What they get~~~

[​IMG]

Everyday it's a different mix of fruit and veggies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by