What have you done for your chicklets today?

chickenbaguette

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
Treats, playthings, new house, extra bedding?
What have you done for your chickens today?
big_smile.png

mothernaturesdaughter

Songster
10 Years
Jul 13, 2009
Williamsport
Made one of those buckets with nipples for their water. Its great for keeping it clean and I can keep it inside the coop so it does not freeze. But, they are not thrilled with it because they prefer large gulps of water, so I am still using the old style too. Over all I think its gonna be great. Switched to chicken starter for the winter, and its working great they are pretty plump keeping them warmer, they eat about 3 times as much of that stuff as they do the laying pellets. More cost but they deserve it.

ryan820

Songster
10 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Colorado
I wished them a happy new year and have my hen, Cora, a squeeze. She likes to be held for some reason...she didn't grow up with that...no idea. Oh and I have them a heap of cracked corn....our roo looks a little skinny.

citychickx6

Songster
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Loveland
Made them breakfast! Warm oatmeal with apple bits. They LOVE it. I am waiting for it to warm up a bit and then I am off to clean the coop and give them fresh shavings.

chickenbaguette

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2011
Planning on making mine breakfast tomorrow too... they love oatmeal, with oats and layers pellets, seeds and apples mixed in. We're making them a new run, and they had extra free-range time today
big_smile.png

Last edited:

One of the girls

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 25, 2011
I fixed them a chicken tostada:

Whole wheat tortilla, big scoop of heavily red-peppered cottage cheese, topped with lettuce, julienned carrot and cabbage.
smile.png

kelidei

~*Dances with chickens*~
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Northern Illinois
DH and I decided to get healthier this year. We got a juicer this Christmas and began juicing. I don't know who is enjoying it more... DH and I or the chickens!!!

What we get~~~

25346_breakfast1.jpg

What they get~~~

25346_chickensloveit.jpg

Everyday it's a different mix of fruit and veggies
cool.png

Top Bottom