What Have You Learned About Poultry Since Joining BYC?

I learned how to reverse google search an image.

but on a more serious note, i also learned the importance of breeds, how to properly diagnose, TONS of chicken lingo, and i learned all about this great community!
Up until 2 days ago I didn't know how to google reverse search an image...

Just wanted to add, something mind-blowing I learned the other day is, "Leghorn" isn't pronounced "Leg-horn" but actually like "Leggern." Foghorn Leghorn has lied to you your whole life.

Also (not recent, but something I learned and will hold onto forever) "Marans" is french and is spelled "Marans" with an 's' whether it is singular or plural. Same with "Faverolles."

Just wanted to add, something mind-blowing I learned the other day is, "Leghorn" isn't pronounced "Leg-horn" but actually like "Leggern." Foghorn Leghorn has lied to you your whole life.

Also (not recent, but something I learned and will hold onto forever) "Marans" is french and is spelled "Marans" with an 's' whether it is singular or plural. Same with "Faverolles."
see?? I'm learning things right now!

MY LIFE IS A LIE. Except about the Maran and Faverolle thing. StUdYiNg fRenCh cAmE iN hAnDy? wHaAaaAaT?

I've learned to take a deep breath and not freak out when it comes to a chicken illness. I love my chickens a whole heck of a lot, and I tend to overreact when one seems a little underweight, sneezes, etc. :)

Also, @casportpony 's dosing guides for wormers, etc. are great! Very helpful for when I wormed my girls for the first time.

Edited to add: I truly love this community so, so much. It's always warm and welcoming, extending a helping hand and comforting in hard times.
Note to self... Need to find those guides and bookmark them this weekend...

I have learned that roosters deserve a lot of understanding! A lot of what I thought I knew, I didn't know, and had un-learn what I thought I knew in the first place. Despite the learning curve, my rooster had taught me a thing or two, and I have taught him nothing. At least one of us has learned something!

Back
Top Bottom