What have you named your scovies?

FoxhallFarm

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
Cork, Ireland
Hi all, just wondering what are the most common or most unique names you have given to your muscovies? I have just one pair who I've had since last year & so far they've survived without names but I'm now so fond of them I want to give them their own names & make them feel more like part of the feathered family!
The drake is lavender and white & his beautiful bride is snow-white. Up to now I've just called them "my dears", they are just the most adorable, gentle-mannered & lovable birds! Let me know what you think...thanks.
frow.gif

Quote:
Since your duck is Snow White, perhaps the drake should be Prince Charming!
hide.gif
Sorry..........I just couldn't resist!!

Ive had TONS of scovies - but only the keeps get names, lol

Ive had :

Goonie Bear - A white drake named so because he had a weird shaped head as a baby, like the deformed guy on the goonies
Pigeon - White hen because as a baby she was EXTREMELy graceful, slender and flew up to land on my knee like a pigeon.
Dark knight - Black bibbed hen, first scovie ever
Gertrude - Black bibbed drake that came with the house
Oak - thick chocolate pied hen
Moss - Chocolate pied hen that came with oak
wink.png

Then I have all my 'Babies'

Drakes -

Gator, Stevo, Then I have two drakes without permenant names but I call them whatever comes to mind
Then I have GRETCHEN - who is super sassy and super spunky. But totaly cute.

But EVERYONE is named Brat
smile.png

@ NotaFarm, Wow..you're quick off the mark! Ha ha, I love it, think he would too actually!
big_smile.png

@ Goat-Walker I like the way you think, sounds like you put a lot of thought into naming them but I agree with you on only naming the keepers. The drake was a rescue case and I wasn't quite certain about keeping him until I got the chance to bring home his lovely wife.
lol.png

Last edited:
I think Nibbles is a fairly common name for Muscovies, that was the name of my favorite girl
smile.png
I have had too many to list here but it takes em a while to name some of them, it all depends on their personality
smile.png
Fatty was my easiest one though, he was overweight when I got him(had a big 'ol hangy belly!) but he's so big that the name suits him! lol.

You can see a list of my ducks names by clicking on the link in my signature too... almost forgot about it, lol.

Last edited:
I just had a look at your list of duck names...phew, you've had one or two haven't you?
lol.png

I had two rabbits called Nibbles when I was a child (well, Nibbles and then roughly 2 years later, Nibbles 2!) Good name for a duck tho!
big_smile.png

I've only had three muscovies.

My first duck ever was a black pied hen. I called her Duck. Very original.
smile.png
She was killed by something... coyote?

I got my second boy a year later and I'm pretty sure that he was related to Duck. They came from the same place. He came with the name Elvis.

I got a duckling a while later hoping that it would be a girl but it was another boy. I called him Johnny. He and Elvis were best friends until my new dog killed Johnny.
sad.png

All my birds were killed by something and I was left with Elvis and my red sex-link hen Ophelia and gave them to my aunt, who still has them. I've been without any kind of feathered friend for about six months now, well until today when I picked up two baby mallards from the feed store.
big_smile.png

We had 2 drakes and they were Lenny and Squiggy.
We traded them for 3 hens and they spent 3 weeks without names..... one is a ripple coloring and I said what about Ripley for her name and then we went with Alien movie theme from there.
We have Ripley, Newt and Queen(after queen alien).

Philip the drake, and Poppy and Jemima for the ducks. The others don't have names, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep them or eat them yet.

Crazy duck, our big baby of a drake,
love.gif
Ducky, one of hens and White duck, our other hen.

I know, I'm not very creative as far as names.
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom