What have you ordered this year?

Coming to North Dakota on 3-8...
27 broiler roosters
1 light brahma rooster
2 light brahma pullets
1 dark brahma pullet
6 buff orpington pullets (gotten for a friend)
and one exotic or rare something or other that McMurray is famous for sending along just for fun...

It was fun looking at the different hatchery websites and trying to decide what chickens to buy. I knew I wanted a pot of broilers, but wanted a few extra somethings just for fun that my daughter could watch grow up and play with. Talk about difficult when every picture she saw she pointed and said, ooh, I like that one. That's my favorite too... LOL! So I gave up and ordered some brahmas! I know they are pretty mellow and docile.

We ordered, Pullets
1 each, Barred Rock
Jersey Giant
Buff Orpington
Welsummer
Cuckoo Maran
Salmon Feveroulle(sp)

and 5 ea SR Blue Silkies

Going to be our 1st ever try at raising chickens.

I added a trio of BCM to a friends order, am expecting some Wellsummers from a member on here in March, and some Giant Cochins from a local farmer in March..

I have ordered from Ideal and expect delivery on 2/17 or 2/18/10, getting 5 each of Barred rocks, RIR's, Australorps, Speckled Sussex and Black Sex Links. My son just said he wanted some blue and green eggs, so the feed store will have Ameraucana's and I'll get 4-5 of them as well:p
Crazy, Ain't it?

We're excited for a new batch of chicks, ducks, AND geese this year!

From McMurray, shipping next week, we split an order with a friend, and got 8 Ameraucana pullets and 4 Cuckoo Maran pullets.

First week of April, we again split an order from Metzer, and are getting 2 Welsh Harlequin ducks, 2 Buff ducks, and a pair of Embden geese.

This whole crew will join our already colorful and mixed flocks, and we're anxiously awaiting the newcomers...

Quote:
Just got a call that everything but the mottled cochins is shipping today. I haven't decided if I will reorder them or just buy a couple "teenagers" off eggbid. I am more excited for the lavender and gold laced anyways.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom