What herb do your chickens like?

Mine actually go crazy for parsley. Oregano is their second favorite. They seem to like most herbs and the health benefits are just an added bonus. The only thing they don't like is sage, rosemary, they will pick at it through the fence but not with gusto. I give them a bushel of something from the garden twice a week. I hang it in the pen and they can pick at it while it swings around.

Mine actually go crazy for parsley. Oregano is their second favorite. They seem to like most herbs and the health benefits are just an added bonus. The only thing they don't like is sage, rosemary, they will pick at it through the fence but not with gusto. I give them a bushel of something from the garden twice a week. I hang it in the pen and they can pick at it while it swings around.
thank you

Mine just got tossed a couple cases of cilantro and seemed to be eating it. They also got a case of dill but didn’t seem interested.

They show no interest in mint, which is fine as I plant it outside the run to defer flies (and to smell nice).

Mine just got tossed a couple cases of cilantro and seemed to be eating it. They also got a case of dill but didn’t seem interested.

They show no interest in mint, which is fine as I plant it outside the run to defer flies (and to smell nice).
Thank you. I heard if u put the mint in like ice water or something it helps to cool then down something like that

Thank you. I heard if u put the mint in like ice water or something it helps to cool then down something like that

I've not heard or tried that, but it's worth a try. Just make sure they also have "unminted" water available as well in case that's what they prefer. If you try it, let us know how it goes!

I've not heard or tried that, but it's worth a try. Just make sure they also have "unminted" water available as well in case that's what they prefer. If you try it, let us know how it goes!
Will do there was other stuff u put into the water sucharita s fruit and stuff to cool them down

Also I'm not forcing then to eat it, I'm growing them in the garden and wanted to see what is good for them so that if they do eat it they will be fine.

If it's safe for you to eat the leaves of the plant, it is also safe for the chickens if they decide to eat the leaves of the plant.

Tomato plants, potato plants, and rhubarb plants have poisonous leaves, but most other garden plants do not.

If it's safe for you to eat the leaves of the plant, it is also safe for the chickens if they decide to eat the leaves of the plant.

Tomato plants, potato plants, and rhubarb plants have poisonous leaves, but most other garden plants do not.
okay thank you. Im hoping they like the paper mint one bc in those are going to grow all over

Back
Top Bottom