What hurts and why?

Nitrous

Songster
8 Years
Dec 28, 2011
Coeur d'Alene, ID
The weather just changed,after a couple of weeks of nice, clear weather. That's the worst. You really get acclimated to the high pressure, then when it changes, it's like you get a small case of the bends!

I broke a couple of ribs, falling down the steps, in the snow, in bare feet, before Thanksgiving and both thumbs, years ago. They are aching way more than usual. Grumble.

What hurts on you guys and what did you do to earn it?

You know when you see those signs on the road that say [FALLING ROCKS] well let me tell you, I tried it.

It doesn't. Falling sucks.

yuckyuck.gif
Ahaha, took me a minute. Cuz I'm old. Knees and my hip, from weight lifting. Sorry about your thumbs owie, owie, owie.

Glad you asked.
I tried to climb a fence today. well..... that didn't work out. I've done it before, but this time my luck ran out, and I have a golf ball lump on my leg! (Falling doesn't rock!!)

My ankle hurts from sports.

And my throat is on fire so I'm sucking on a cough drop that isn't helping too much.
barnie.gif

OK, here's todays list: Both thumbs, my left wrist, both hands both shoulders, my neck, my left hip, my lower back.

The reason - It's too cold, and I have seen too many birthdays.
old.gif

Thus far I've been lucky enough not to break any bones and have sound joints. But if the weather changes too rapidly, I get the most awful headaches and just feel poorly. Usually happens as fall transitions into winter, though sometimes in spring it happens too. If fall eases into winter gradually, I am great. But if one day it is warm and the next blizzarding and frigid, oye, not fun! This winter has been torturous!

And OUCH that sounds like one nasty spill you took! Was it because of ice on the steps?

Shoulders hurt, and my right hand. Can you believe I have arthritis on my hand at 31 years old? Curse of the massage therapist I guess, over-use syndrome.

My right shoulder hurts bad, because a couple months ago, while taking my rescued dog for a walk, she decided to frolic through a puddle, then run back to it, all the while, while pulling my arm all the way back then pulling me into a cement pole! Let me tell you, I can't even sleep though the night with it. Hubby says I need to go to the dr., what are they going to do with it, huh?? It hurts to get old, doesn't it???
th.gif

Left shoulder due to a torn labrum and rotator cuff. Trying to delay surgery. Also butt and legs hurt because of 20 minutes on exercise bike and 25 minutes on the treadmill tonight.
Thats about it today.

Darin

Wrists - basketball injury, knee-football injury, shoulder-hunting injury, hips-tree climbing injury, ankle-many, many different types of injuries but most memorable was twisting it while running from a charging cow.

On days like this, I believe it would be easier to list what doesn't hurt. Hmmm.....let's see......Thank you Lord that wrinkles don't hurt. Everything else about getting old does.

Back
Top Bottom