What hurts and why?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nitrous, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    The weather just changed,after a couple of weeks of nice, clear weather. That's the worst. You really get acclimated to the high pressure, then when it changes, it's like you get a small case of the bends!

I broke a couple of ribs, falling down the steps, in the snow, in bare feet, before Thanksgiving and both thumbs, years ago. They are aching way more than usual. Grumble.

What hurts on you guys and what did you do to earn it?

You know when you see those signs on the road that say [FALLING ROCKS] well let me tell you, I tried it.

It doesn't. Falling sucks.

2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Ahaha, took me a minute. Cuz I'm old. Knees and my hip, from weight lifting. Sorry about your thumbs owie, owie, owie.

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Glad you asked.
    I tried to climb a fence today. well..... that didn't work out. I've done it before, but this time my luck ran out, and I have a golf ball lump on my leg! (Falling doesn't rock!!)

My ankle hurts from sports.

And my throat is on fire so I'm sucking on a cough drop that isn't helping too much. [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    OK, here's todays list: Both thumbs, my left wrist, both hands both shoulders, my neck, my left hip, my lower back.

The reason - It's too cold, and I have seen too many birthdays. [​IMG]

5. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Thus far I've been lucky enough not to break any bones and have sound joints. But if the weather changes too rapidly, I get the most awful headaches and just feel poorly. Usually happens as fall transitions into winter, though sometimes in spring it happens too. If fall eases into winter gradually, I am great. But if one day it is warm and the next blizzarding and frigid, oye, not fun! This winter has been torturous!

And OUCH that sounds like one nasty spill you took! Was it because of ice on the steps?

6. Orpingtons4U

Orpingtons4U Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Let me see Stuck with a cold and back hurts and my head hurts and shoulders hurt and finger hurts from a splinter eyes are blurry

7. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Shoulders hurt, and my right hand. Can you believe I have arthritis on my hand at 31 years old? Curse of the massage therapist I guess, over-use syndrome.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

My right shoulder hurts bad, because a couple months ago, while taking my rescued dog for a walk, she decided to frolic through a puddle, then run back to it, all the while, while pulling my arm all the way back then pulling me into a cement pole! Let me tell you, I can't even sleep though the night with it. Hubby says I need to go to the dr., what are they going to do with it, huh?? It hurts to get old, doesn't it??? [​IMG]

9. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    Left shoulder due to a torn labrum and rotator cuff. Trying to delay surgery. Also butt and legs hurt because of 20 minutes on exercise bike and 25 minutes on the treadmill tonight.
    Thats about it today.

Darin

10. sheaviance1

sheaviance1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Tennessee
    Wrists - basketball injury, knee-football injury, shoulder-hunting injury, hips-tree climbing injury, ankle-many, many different types of injuries but most memorable was twisting it while running from a charging cow.

On days like this, I believe it would be easier to list what doesn't hurt. Hmmm.....let's see......Thank you Lord that wrinkles don't hurt. Everything else about getting old does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by