What I see every morning.

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
They start out at night grouped together on the floor of the coop. But each morning when I go to let them out they are now up on the roosting posts.

Here are my "big" girls roosting. Waiting for me to come open the coop.

102802Chicksonroostlighteremail.jpg

Quote:
I am having much "discussion" with them about their bathroom habits!! I have only cleaned the roosts twice. So far they seem to miss the posts and it goes in the hay below! I hope they continue to do that!!

They are very cute and young looking. So sweet.

In the morning when I go outside to open the coop door, I hear "thump, thump THUMP" as they jump down from the roost and crowd the popdoor. It's very cute.

CUTE girls, and lovin' the sign!

Buff H - I hear the same thing....THUMP! THUMP! as they jump down off the roost, waiting for me to open the door for them! Love that sound!

Quote:
The Barred Rocks are now 7 weeks old, and the Buff Orpingtons are 10 days younger.

They are starting to look like chickens!!!

I love barred rocks!! I have 2 that are 23 weeks, 4 that are 10 weeks, and I'm trying to hatch 13 right now...(So far 1 is out and 2 are zipping...)

But, one of my 10 week olds, the only rooster, has some kind of deformity, a curvature in his neck, and a really crooked beak. But, as long as he's thriving, he has a home. His name is Igor...it really fits him!

Back
Top Bottom