What if I cross my Light Sussex Roo with....Update***

Quote:
i am not sure what some of those would create, but they wouldn't be "sex link" , the wrong parent is silver gened. Also the Barred Rock crossing would not create a black hen, likely both male and female offspring would be off color silver columbian, with the roos showing more barring, they may actually be sex linked with the males darker??? maybe

Quote:
Sorry, no. Crossing E/E (solid barred) with a Columbian just creates black or barred with a little leakage on the breast and neck. And they would be sex-linked, as sex-linking refers to both silver or barring being used. In this case it is barring, so the females will be silver or gold, true, but will be black with silver or gold leakage. The males will be barred. They're black sex-links
wink.png
You're thinking of gold sex-links.

I know this is an old thread but I had to chime in because I have a Light Sussex rooster and an assortment of hens, ( Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, New Hampshire,
Red Star, Silver Laced Wyandotte). Most of the offspring are silver Columbian, except the offspring of the Buff Orpington which are unicolor silvers ( white ).

Next year I plan to breed more Light Sussex Rooster x Buff Orpington hen crosses, 100% unicolor silvers.

I know this is an old thread but I had to chime in because I have a Light Sussex rooster and an assortment of hens, ( Ameraucana, Buff Orpington, New Hampshire,
Red Star, Silver Laced Wyandotte). Most of the offspring are silver Columbian, except the offspring of the Buff Orpington which are unicolor silvers ( white ).

Next year I plan to breed more Light Sussex Rooster x Buff Orpington hen crosses, 100% unicolor silvers.
Hi so I have just hatched 3 chicks, light Sussex too x buff Orpington hens.. one is more white and the other two a touch more cream/yellow .. any ideas if they are pullets or Roos?

Attachments

• 0DBED802-F4A5-402E-B7DD-384E09873DD9.jpeg
    0DBED802-F4A5-402E-B7DD-384E09873DD9.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom