What if I Got Three Different Breeds?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mrbstephens, Mar 4, 2012.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

YOu may have read my past threads..........I have a doghouse. It's 33" high, 44" wide, and 32" deep. The top comes off and the door opening measures 1 ft wide and 16" tall. I can have a run 15 feet wide and 25 feet long with one of those black rubber tubs for a pond. I'd like to have three ducks and want to order from Ideal. I can't decide between three breeds, so thought I'd get one of each.........1 Buff, 1 Rouen, and 1 Kakhi Campbell all females.

Will my situation work? Will the three have enough space and will they get along?

Thanks so much!

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I think you have enough space and 3 females from different breeds should get along. You will have to change the water in the tub frequently, like every day - even with only three ducks, so make sure it is not too hard to drain.[​IMG]

3. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]HOORAY! Yes, I'll have a drain with a drain hose on the bottom of the pool/pond and the water will go out down the side of a steep hill on my property. Here's a pic of the house and area where the ducks will live. The pond will go on the left of the house where it's lower and I'm building a secure pen around both the duck yard and chicken yard (keeping them separate and safe).

[​IMG]

4. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    You have a beautiful site there for your ducks and chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by