1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What "impossible to find" toy are you still looking for??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by calicokat, Dec 18, 2009.

1. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Thought I'd won this annual holiday treasure hunt this year when I got the Barbie Camper for DD#3 on T'givng weekend. But then, DS#1 emails a link for this great Lego clock - in green. "It's all I want mom". [​IMG]

He didn't have a "list", just said, "You know, the ususal" which means, spend all his budget on Bionicle Legos. So, the fact that he WANTS something specific, and emailed to tell me so, is a suprise, and makes me want to suprise him with it.

So, I've been looking online for over a week, I'm on the phone now with Toys R Us, hoping they have one and will hold it for the day. An hour's drive up to Indianapolis - yeah, just what I wanted to do tonight NOT!

Make me feel better, tell me I'm not alone in this annual treasure hunt! What are you still looking for with less than a week to go??????

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    check out lego.com

3. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Yeah, it's like the small blue one you posted - but he wants green. DigiBlue & Toys R Us are sold out online, have been for weeks in the green color. Amazon has them and Ebay, but at much higher prices, plus shipping. I'm not desperate enough to over pay and pay shipping too, yet [​IMG]

Will try the Toys R Us store in Indy tonight, the web shows they have some in stock. Maybe I can stop at a cool place for dinner, someplace we don't have in our smaller town [​IMG]

4. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Back to the original topic.....has anyone seen those zhuzhu things? I just don't get what the craze is about! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
  5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

as far as zhu zhu pets go, they are robotic hamsters that my girls are DYING for. I'm going to wait until January, when the craze dies down... crazy!

6. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
  7. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Zhu Zhu pets are easy to find here NOW, lol I have bought 4 so far for my girls and my nephews! All came from Toys R Us

8. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I have gotten an email from toys r us daily saying "Zhuzhu pets arriving in every store every day" Plus.....i was on kmart.com yesterday and they have them available in there stores also. You have to check their site to see which stores, but there was a bunch listed.

My daughter had a robotic hamster thing years ago. She tried to make it 'run' through her hair and we had to cut it out! [​IMG] She lost a huge chunk of hair!

edited to add email link: http://view.ed4.net/v/RSIDBT/YM88E/WLF9OGP/NB1THJ/MAILACTION=1&FORMAT=H

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    This thread had been cleaned up of off-topic and/or rule breaking comments.
    Do not repost the same material if your post has been edited or deleted.

Hopefully reopening this will prove helpful for those trying to find those hard to find gifts for their loved ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by