What in the WORLD?? (pic heavy) UPDATE: Frizzle?! WOW!!

Quote:
LOL.. nah.. she's almost 6 (and the other almost 2) so she's sooo excited about the babies I can't get them out and everything be still and quiet and take the pretty pics if they are there.

Thanks!! I am so in love with them so far. Getting more eggs next month after my duck eggs hatch! YAY!!

the curly feathers are frizzles:

46573_013.jpg

You may have some BR over sex links in there. I have several "white w/ random black spots/ patches" too that are the mutts from my BR roo over Amberlink or Golden Comets. The really odd thing is a couple of them are feathering white that looks like it's dusted w/ soot! BTW, very cute chicks & great pics!

Quote:
Ok.. so I have 2 frizzles I guess!! YAY!!
smile.png
Let's hope GIRLS!! I'm thrilled to get a "surprise"

Are BR Barred Rock? OR... hm.. I had white, brown and green eggs. I was told that she had Leghorns, black sexlinks, White Rock, Orpingtons, Delawares, RIR.. she has a big white Cochin Roo and a Sussex. PLUS.. EE's
smile.png

My thread for my hatch is here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462615

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice

The frizzling is a trait of the feathers. My frizzles are cochin x silkie crosses but i have seen polish x silkie frizzles. I was just trying to figure out what breed was in that frizzle??

Quote:
I WISH I knew
wink.png
I'm thinking Leghorn and... something else?
gig.gif

Maybe EE with the puffy cheeks?

It's kind of a plain yellow/white. No feathered foot or anything and orange legs. Not too special except the odd feathers I guess.

I was really hoping you would say there was just the slightest green tint to the legs
wink.png
then I could feel fairly confident saying EE frizzle.
big_smile.png
Those puffy cheeks really do look like it. I don't know why it even matters so much to us. Isn't it funny how we will fixate on things like that? I have six chicks that I know the father of but could have 5 different mothers and I am driving myself CRAZY trying to figure out who they each belong to. Why? who knows? I don't sell or breed them for showing, I'm just curious! Whatever those babies are, they are sure cute!

Back
Top Bottom