What in the world?

AliciaFNP

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2020
Hello! I have an 8 week American Black Bresse pullet that is exhibiting symptoms that I cannot figure out. Sunday I noticed she was open beak breathing and stretching her neck. I thought she was choking so tried giving her a syringe of water and massaging her crop to get her to throw up. That did not help but she diarrhea’ed all down my shirt. It is not blooding, more pale grayish. I have given her water with probiotics, electrolytes, VetRx, ACV, and oregano oil. Nothing is helping. She is active, eating, and drinking fine. Today she started squawking out one loud squawk every so ofter. Maybe that is her coughing? I can hear her exhaling and like her tummy grumbling. No discharge from eyes or nose. I bought Corid but have not administered. I don’t think it is coccidiosis. I fed the flock of 10 medicated chick crumbles the first 6 weeks. They were vaccinated for bronchitis and Marek’s as well. I separated her from the others Sunday when I noticed it and have her in a dog crate. Someone mentioned gapeworms, but isn’t that almost rare/unlikely to happen? None of the others have any symptoms. I also have a flock of 10 pullets that are 15 weeks old. I am just trying to figure this out as I definitely do not want my 10 girls or the other Bresse to get sick. Thanks
I attached a pic from Sunday with mouth open. She does this over and over. Not wheezing but can hear a dry exhalation. I have a video too but won’t let me post.

Attachments

• A46025AE-3222-4F7A-B6D7-E263FA0ABC14.png
    A46025AE-3222-4F7A-B6D7-E263FA0ABC14.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 2
  • FDB1B94C-C96C-433E-9914-4BC6129485A6.png
    FDB1B94C-C96C-433E-9914-4BC6129485A6.png
    6 MB · Views: 1
Hello! I have an 8 week American Black Bresse pullet that is exhibiting symptoms that I cannot figure out. Sunday I noticed she was open beak breathing and stretching her neck. I thought she was choking so tried giving her a syringe of water and massaging her crop to get her to throw up. That did not help but she diarrhea’ed all down my shirt. It is not blooding, more pale grayish. I have given her water with probiotics, electrolytes, VetRx, ACV, and oregano oil. Nothing is helping. She is active, eating, and drinking fine. Today she started squawking out one loud squawk every so ofter. Maybe that is her coughing? I can hear her exhaling and like her tummy grumbling. No discharge from eyes or nose. I bought Corid but have not administered. I don’t think it is coccidiosis. I fed the flock of 10 medicated chick crumbles the first 6 weeks. They were vaccinated for bronchitis and Marek’s as well. I separated her from the others Sunday when I noticed it and have her in a dog crate. Someone mentioned gapeworms, but isn’t that almost rare/unlikely to happen? None of the others have any symptoms. I also have a flock of 10 pullets that are 15 weeks old. I am just trying to figure this out as I definitely do not want my 10 girls or the other Bresse to get sick. Thanks
I attached a pic from Sunday with mouth open. She does this over and over. Not wheezing but can hear a dry exhalation. I have a video too but won’t let me post.
I am not an illness person, but I know they will want the video. You have to upload to youtube and link it here. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom