What incubator have you had success with ?

I thought about insulating and heating the chicken house .especially on below zero days when I'm banging ice out . I've only had a few cases of frost bite combs too .

Though I've never used Brinsea bators. I haven't found any pther brand incubators that last beyond 2 years, and I stay far away from Little Giant ones. As far as affordable, I'd recommend the Farm Innovators, and the Off brand HDD Chinese ones (ebay).

With my FI circulated air and turner I got very stable temps for almost 2 years before it died. My Chinese one took a lot of patience and time to calibrate, but once I did I had the best hatch rate I've ever had. So far still going strong. But Ive read others say its good for about 2 years.

Investment wise, its really all about what you're looking for and how often you will use it. I wouldn't recommend expensive incubators for people who don't plan to hatch often. Or just want to kick start a farm. There's cheaper options for the once or twice time uses.

You could always build your own, which I'm looking into. I want a cabinet. But that's because I've decided I really like hatching and I'm pretty darn instinctive and good at it.

Though I've never used Brinsea bators. I haven't found any pther brand incubators that last beyond 2 years, and I stay far away from Little Giant ones. As far as affordable, I'd recommend the Farm Innovators, and the Off brand HDD Chinese ones (ebay).

With my FI circulated air and turner I got very stable temps for almost 2 years before it died. My Chinese one took a lot of patience and time to calibrate, but once I did I had the best hatch rate I've ever had. So far still going strong. But Ive read others say its good for about 2 years.

Investment wise, its really all about what you're looking for and how often you will use it. I wouldn't recommend expensive incubators for people who don't plan to hatch often. Or just want to kick start a farm. There's cheaper options for the once or twice time uses.

You could always build your own, which I'm looking into. I want a cabinet. But that's because I've decided I really like hatching and I'm pretty darn instinctive and good at it.

I have thought about cabinets like the sportsman before but always hatched enough with rcom early season before the girls could sit and not have eggs freeze . I've read about making your own incubator and have thought about it but that is as far as I ever got .

I thought about insulating and heating the chicken house .especially on below zero days when I'm banging ice out . I've only had a few cases of frost bite combs too .

Keeping the water thawed during the winter is the worst! And having what couple eggs you get freeze and crack before collected.

I wouldn't recommend the Little Giants either, but my sister used that thing three years before I took it, I used it for 2 1/2 before the heating element started to go. I can only hope my new Hovabator lasts nearly as long.
The cheap Chinese bators are in the "I wouldn't recommend" category. Now the Janoels, I've heard decent things about.

I have thought about cabinets like the sportsman before but always hatched enough with rcom early season before the girls could sit and not have eggs freeze . I've read about making your own incubator and have thought about it but that is as far as I ever got .

I've thought about it too...lol then I bought my Hovabator...lol

Back
Top Bottom