what incubator should i get that is cheep ???

I just got a farm innovator pro 4400. They are comparable to hovabator a but less expensive. I will say thou that you will need a thermometer/ hydrometer to put in the bator to get an accurate temp reading. I found one by zoo med for $8. So far so good. :)

What is cheap?

What kind of eggs will you be hatching , if your gonna spend more then a few dollers total on a batch of eggs your not saveing money by buying a cheap incubator that is going to have lower hatch rates.

what kind of space do you need , how many eggs do you want to hatch?

How much time do you have to moniter the incubator?

I cant really help with ideas till I know the answers to these qustions . There are some incubators that hold between 2-7 eggs you can get for 25 bucks . BUT!!!!!!! they are tempramental , ususally dont have any kind of temp control and your lucky if you get a 25% hatch rate with them sooo you arnt saveing money if you your buying yoru eggs.

If your a little handy and can follow instrutions well , especally if you ahve any bits and pieaces laying around you can make a GOOD quaility home made bator for 20-30 bucks though if you dont have any of the parts it may push more up to the range of 50-90 bucks though that still is cheaper then alot of the bators. Let me know what you want from your bator and what you have to spend range wise and I will hook you up with ideas, links, sites , and or instructions to find something suited to your needs.
big_smile.png

for sure i am not an expert, but i would not recommend the chick bator ,i believe that thing looks like a piece of garbage. so cross it off your list even though its probably one of the cheapest incubators out there

I am playing with the chic bator and I would agree for actually hatching I woudnt recomend it I am just getting it to play around with .

Home made really good bator https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubator-incubator the most expensive but most important part is the wafer thermastat.

The cheapest large capacity bator would be http://www.strombergschickens.com/p...an-Hova-Bator-Incubator-2362/basic-incubators , that price includes shipping. Even if you found an stil air for 50 bucks by the time you pay for shipping it would be almost as much as this and lower quiality.

The cheapest small capacity bator I would recommend would be http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/Mini-Economy-Incubator-10-Egg/basic-incubators that price also includes shipping. You can get that at there site as well its on sale but depending on where you are the shipping may make it more then the other sight.

If you want semi cheap with a large egg capacity, I'd recommend the Genesis incubator. It is also preset so no adjustments needed and holds as many eggs as traditional Styrofoam models.

If you want semi cheap with a large egg capacity, I'd recommend the Genesis incubator. It is also preset so no adjustments needed and holds as many eggs as traditional Styrofoam models.

Back
Top Bottom