What incubators are you all using?

I'm using a hova bator and it works extremely well. Almost all the eggs I put in there are developing and should hatch soon. It is a simple fanless one with windows on top. It holds temp pretty well too.

I have a Little Giant 9200 with forced air fan and auto turner. I've done 2 hatches, first time I hatched 9 out of 10 set. Second time 6 out of 7 hatched. I'm sure the ones that didn't hatch were not due to the incubator. It was very easy to use, I'm glad I bought it!

Quote:
How did you ever get the temperature adjusted???? I have the same exact bator, (without the fan) but I can't seem to get the right temp, it fluctuates too much....any suggestions??

The room you have the bator in will make a lot of difference. I had to move it a couple of times until I found a spot that stayed stable temp wise.

Also let the temp stabilize for 6 hours before adjusting it. It just takes the tiniest fraction of a movement of the stick thing to adjust several degrees.

One last thing I did with the last hatch was putting a dozen ceramic eggs in there. They tend to help keep things stable.

I just got the styrafoam kind with the 2 little windows. No fan or turner. I turn them myself and last night i candled them. It was7-9 days and one of my dark green ones had movement in it. To those of you who were having trouble with the dark green eggs........I could see really good. I used a big flashlight, one of those new brighter kind......and my hand. I think it makes a difference to do it at night when it very dark because i could see it good. I was so excited because this was my first ever attempt and i must be doing something right. So i guess you dont need the big fancy incubator.....unless you got alot of money and just want it.

I have the little giant one with a turner.I have had good luck with it.I found one of those round metal ones at a yard sale today and told it worked,but don`t know,haven`t tried it yet.Does anybody out there know how to adjust the temp or how I can make a turner for this round one?

Back
Top Bottom