What is a good "guard dog"?

Quote:
I think its because you have WIMPY chickens, and you need more guineas preferably some Hens this time, I think I would be mad at whoever sent you all boy eggs, they must not have known how to sex guinea eggs.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I think its because you have WIMPY chickens, and you need more guineas preferably some Hens this time, I think I would be mad at whoever sent you all boy eggs, they must not have known how to sex guinea eggs.
barnie.gif

No they knew how to sex the eggs for sure, they sent boy eggs just to get on my nerves!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

How old are yours? mine where real brats untill the got 3-4 years old. it takes them a few years to know who and what is ok. I only have 4 right now, all cocks. they don't bully/fight if you have enough or no hens. the next time I get some I will keep one or two breeding trios, and turn the rest loose. if you free range {and whats the point if you don't}, you lose hens beacous 80% of the time they go broody you can't find them, but something else does and they get eatten. that is really the only thing I don't like about them

I got a book called Gardening With Guineas here is a link for it http://www.guineafowl.com/ I wish I had gotten it befor I got my first birds, I would easyly have 40 head.

FYI guinea keets can die easyly, I would not get less the 8 or 10.

Back
Top Bottom