What is a good mid-priced desk top computer?

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
I dont need anything fancy... just something basic and reliable.
Also.. what about an Apple computer? Are they good? Is it true that they dont viruses?
I'm lost..

Quote:
apples are a bit more expensive than pc's.. good mid priced off the shelf pc from walmart run you 400 without the screen speakers keyboard or mouse. Pretty good system with a warranty... and if ya's don't like it, walmart will take back anything.

I just shopped for one for my work office. Found the best deal at Bestbuy, just bought it online. Was able to get a good brand (HP) for less than $500. I just needed the tower, tho.

I agree with Boyd...
ep.gif
Darn it, what's up with THAT?
lau.gif
tongue2.gif
@Boyd

Thanks guys! Yeah.. actually all i really need is the tower too...
But i thought when you bought a PC the screen comes with it? no?

Quote:
not usually unless you buy a big kit. Can buy just the tower 400, no big deal
smile.png

It used to be true that Apples didn't suffer from any of the virus/spyware/malbug problems that a PC does but recently there was a story on the news how some hacker got past this on the Mac system. Macs are still a TON more secure than the PC though. But yes, they are a definately pricier!

I have an ASUS, I love it. It was only around $500, I am not sure right now what the specs are, but I know it is really good. I will have to ask my BF what the specs are later. I got it from Best Buy.

Quote:
that's why I run Linux or Unix on my PC's and not Windows
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom