What is a good price for chicks?

justinszoo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
NW Ohio
I posted my barred rock & rhode island reds for $1.50 each and they were gone in a matter of minutes. They are 2-3 weeks old. The people getting them are driving over an hour to pick them today. Just wondering how much others sell their for?

I paid $2.30 for RIR and $3.00 for silkies at our local feed store 3 weeks ago. I would say that you could easily get $2.00 for them. I am in Georgia

I'd say you'd be able to get twice that. You've got 2-3 weeks of feed invested in them already. I don't think $3 is too much for started home grown chicks.

I sell my day olds to the feedstore for $2 each, $3 for home sales. 2-3 week olds go for more, $3.50-$4 each.

Stacy

Alot depends on what you are selling and how old they are and how bad someone wants them. A lady came over to buy some standard chicks from me and I showed her some of my bantam cochin frizzles and told her they were not for sale. She so wanted one little chick that was really cute and had just started to frizz. I told her they were not for sale. She offered me $10 and I said SOLD. I also made a mistake when I told a friend she could buy my standard EEs that were 3 weeks old for $2.50 apiece. Well she brought over her friends and they wiped me out of all my pullets (well what we picked out as pullets - no guarantee). Next time I will be sure to tell a friend the price is for them only.

Back
Top Bottom