1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

What is a good price for guinea eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Harley's girl, Apr 29, 2009.

1. If I were buying a dozen pearl guinea eggs what should I expect to pay? I have never bought guinea eggs. The ones I got were free. Any ideas? [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I would say at least $1 an egg, that is the minimum that I get for mine. I sell them by the six-pack, and have gotten between $6 and $9 for them.

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    i was quoted $20 for 12+ with shipping..........

i wont name the byc'er but there are cheaper eggs out there

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:That's still about $1 an egg, unless they use lead to line their boxes with. Most of my shipments run from $5-$8, unless they are really heavy or are going to the west coast.

5. So would $20 shipped be a good price? Would you buy 12 eggs for $20 shipping included? I know it is a good price for chickens. Chicks cost less than guineas do. I am really trying to get a good idea here. My guineas have been laying for about a month. Their eggs are now up to size and I honestly have no clue what to sell them for. Thank you for your input. [​IMG] Hey you guys wanna buy a dozen guinea eggs? [​IMG]

6. Marion

Marion Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I am glad you posted this, I have guinea eggs in the incubator that I am testing for fertility before offering any. The guineas laid fertile eggs last year but I want to make sure, I had no idea what to ask for them!

7. greathorse

greathorse Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    It seems like it is hit or miss. I saw someone here posting for sometime on Craigslist that he had them. I was not ready for them so finally called last week. He said he had no calls and was happy to give me a bunch of them. [​IMG]

So it looks like I will get a couple dozen this week. He was originally offering for a dollar per egg I think.

I will make sure I get something for him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by