What is a good price on Silkies from a breeder?

Redhead Hen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Rising Sun, Maryland
I know a breeder a few counties over from me and she is selling Silkie chicks for $15 a chick. She also shows them and the price she quoted me is for pet quality. Does this sound right? I don't need a lot of them, maybe 2. And her price is cheaper than ordering a min of 6 or more from a hatchery.

What do you all think?

I have bought SQ chicks from a top breeder for $15 and she sells her boo boo babies or pet quality for $4 each. Then her prices go up as the chick gets older.

Thanks for the Head's Up on pricing of silkies. I am wanting a silkie or two myself and don't even pretend to know where to start!!

I am in MD, Eastern Shore, but I don't sell chicks. They have to be 6-7 months old before I can tell their quality & prices. And sex. I sell my pet quality for $5-$10 each. My very best SQ birds may be as high as $75-$100 each. I have some of the best bloodlines out there. Buff, Splash, possibly Lavenders. -Stephanie

Do you have any swaps scheduled for somewhere in your area or not too far away? I would say that would be your best chance to get them for a good price. I just bought two I'm guessing 8-10 weeks old for $3.00 each from a swap.

Back
Top Bottom