what is a tetra pint

Our TSC had these too. asked several of the workers and no one knew anything about them except which bin they were in. thank you for all the information you gathered. I was very curious!

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
"Lints, Tints, Pints" I went to TSC in Vermont and bought some cute little yellow/white chicks which were called "Tetra Lints." I called Mt. Healthy Hatchery (where our TSC buys from) and was told that they are "Tetra Tints." They are a high egg producers of creamy brown eggs, yellowish as chicks, white as adults with possibility of some darker spots, not considered a meat chicken, weigh about 5 pounds. They are not sure of what the hybrid cross is as this is "how they are sold to us."

I got some ofthese today out of curiosity. I figured byc would know something about them lol. I am curious to these "creamy" brown eggs. I keep my expectations pretty low when dealing with tsc employees although they seem to be doing a bit better lately. Unlike last year " are these female chicks?" the answer :" no theyre pullets" and here i said female instead of pullet to not confuse the girl, lol. Thank you for posting this info. We TT owners will have to remember to post info, like temperment and pics!

I got one Tetratint from TSC, simply named "Tetra"
tongue.png
She is now 2 weeks old and is coming in mostly white, black spot on back and head, and her chest/neck is a very pale beige. She is a very active chick, can't wait to see her grown!
78308_tt2wk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom