what is a trustworthy cheap incubator?

I returned one today that I had boughten yesterday for $75. I found the homemade instructions this morning and thought I would build one. May I ask where you got your parts? Especially the fan, power supply, and ........How much was your egg turner? I hope I can build it.

Your incubator looks very nice and very economical too.

I purchased the digital thermometer / hydrometer at Walmart for around $12.00.
I purchased the egg turner from Tractor Supply for $42.00. (That was the most expensive thing.)
I obtained the fan from an old PC. It is a 12 volt fan. The power supply was one I had in a junk drawer. The important thing is to make sure that the output is 12 volts to 10 volt and do not exceed the amps listed on the fan. If you look on the power supply say from a rechargeable lantern you will see what I mean.
The water wiggler was purchased from CVS in the toy section for $1.00. (Oh by the way the wiggler is used by placing the temperature probe in the middle so as to get a good reading as where the eggs are at. (I didn't figure that out for two days. Duh!)
I had to cut a rack off the egg turner for a good fit. The dimensions of the Little Giant are 15 in X 15 in. If you don't want to do any adapting just make sure your cooler or box is larger than 15 inches square.
I hope this helped.
smile.png

Tiki, I just saw your post about buying LG.....Little Giant Still Airs can be purchased at Tractor Supply Company for one/ even online...and they are under $50.00...you can always add a turner later down the road...

Back
Top Bottom