What is a water wiggler?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pick-a-LilyFarm, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Pick-a-LilyFarm

Pick-a-LilyFarm Songster

Jun 19, 2009
    New Boston, NH
    Could someone please tell me what a water wiggler is...and how to use it? Do I make one? I feel foolish not knowing what everyone is talking about when they mention water wiggler. I have a still air LG w/egg turner and it didn't come with a wiggler. How can I get one or make one easy enough. Thanks![​IMG]

2. killer

killer Songster

yeah. it is a toy sold a dallor tree and you put your probe in the middle of it. you can make one out of a ziplock bag and water. just wrap the bag around the probe and tape or ziptie it together.

3. Lach Cnoc Farm

Lach Cnoc Farm Songster

Apr 16, 2009
    Western Washington
    what is the purpose of the wiggler though? id like to know too! [​IMG]

4. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    me too... [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Glassman

Mrs. Glassman Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    Cedartown, Georgia
    I believe that it is supposed to be like a "fake egg" and give readings of what the temps are like inside the real egg.

I saw one made of an egg somewhere...a lady took a real egg, and filled it with hair gel, stuck the probe inside & sealed it with wax. She put it in the turner with her real eggs so she'd have temp readings as close as possible to the temps of the eggs.

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
  7. thedoors5to1

thedoors5to1 Songster

Jun 12, 2009
    glad to hear the answer, i was wondering what everyone was doing with those things.... i had a few as a kid. i'd always end up breaking them open whe i played with it to much.
    interesting that they have a use other than childs play..
    thanks for asking

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: