what is an ee roster

Berynn

Cooped Up
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
What is an ee rooster? I heard that they dont make any hoice, is that true? Can someone send me a picture of one?
ep.gif

EE is Easter Egger - generally a cross between an Ameraucana and another breed. Most of the chicks sold as Ameraucana at hatcheries are actually EE's. The roosters crow just like any other rooster.

I would send you a picture of our beautiful boy, but I can't get to my Photobucket account right now. I'm sure someone else on here can, though - lots of us have EE's.

Last edited:
I have an Ameraucana rooster, not an EE, but close enough, and he crows his heart out every morning and at various time during the day. No such thing as a non-crowing rooster. Eventually, they will.

Here are our Easter Egger Boys at 6 months old (last Monday)...

Geezer...

PA134222.jpg

and Buckwheat...

PA174239.jpg

Buckwheat was our first boy to attempt crowing...at 6 weeks old and he hasn't shut up yet. Geezer has just began getting more vocal and apparently likes the sound of his own voice since he'll crow all hours of the night...
lau.gif

Yep, they're real quiet...
th.gif

Dawn

Buckwheat is wicked Beautiful!!!!!!!!! WOW......you have alot of roosters....i see more in the background of the pics.
I would not dare have more than one per run.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom