what is best for water?

lindalue

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
so far I have been using mason jar waterer for in the coop and have to clean it 2 or3 times a day ...I was wondering if rabbit waterers work or will they leak and get the coop wet...and will they figure out how to use it?
hmm.png

My chicks are 11 wk. old and I have a hanging feeder & waterer in the coop. Easy to fill, no spills, no mess!! I just make sure they are hung low enough for the smallest chick to get at.
smile.png

Quote:
I think I would try the nipples, I use them and our birds always have CLEAN water to drink. Yes they would learn the rabbit water jugs, but I think they would leak more than nipples.

Rabbit Waterers might work but are not made for chickens and not be the best solution. I would recommend nipple waterers if you like that style or waterer cups if you want them to be able to drink from a small pool. I used nipples and they are fine but chickens seem to enjoy drinking from an open source much more so I give them what they want
smile.png

62744_100_7464.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried a bazillion different things, so far, my favorite is the dog waterer.

25270_water.jpg

I should add that I have not tried a nipple waterer, but I've heard good things about them. So far this has been the easiest solution for me.

Thanks so much for the ideas . after doing some looking around I think the nipples with the cups will do the trick. the coop is small.the run is good sized... and thanks for the pictures ..I am also going to make the wooden feeders I saw in the pictures..they stand on the feeder I have now...anything that makes less work.

Back
Top Bottom