what is better. Advantage or frontline

Country Living Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Florida
I was over run with fleas. I was using a Harts products but it does not work and I found out it is bad for the dogs. I am going to get one of the two but which one is better?

Frontline.

Wanted to add, I've used both. I've had Advantage take the hair off my cat, don't like that. Also with some dog Advantage products, once it's on the dog the dog can not be around cats. Weird.

I use Frontline on my dogs, cats and goats.

Don't forget to treat your house or you will never be rid of the fleas.

Also, with Frontline or Advantage they should be applied every 30 days for optimal results.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, if you put Advantage on your dog (or it might be Advantix...) if you cat gets in close contact to your dog the cat will die. So before you use that, talk to your vet to make sure you use the one that won't kill your cats.

I like Frontline, but I know someone who used it and it didn't kill the fleas on their dog. So they switched to Advantage and boarded their cat at a boarding kennel for about a week after putting it on their dog. But the Frontline has worked for me, and my dog is 5 years old and never has had fleas (mind you that I live in the country and he runs through fields all the time - so he has a huge chance of getting them)

For around the house and on furniture, I like Adam's Flea, Tick, Mosquito Spray. It doesn't smell bad, and it works well. You can even spray your animals with it - but I prefer just to use it on furniture and my dogs bedding.

Hope this helps. Fleas are no fun whatsoever. I hope you get them gone fast
wink.png

My vet just recommended a new product on the market, Comfortis. He said that now since we all have been using frontline and advantage the fleas have gotten immune to those products so new ones are coming out. Comfortis is a pill you give them once a month and within and hour of giving it to your dogs the fleas will fall off of them. I am on my first month of using it and so far so good. We live in Houston, TX so our flea population is extreme, no freeze here to kill nothing off. I also hate the way those topical flea things leave a grease stain on the dogs backs, with kids touching them all the time and all.

Good luck, Kycklingmamma

Frontline stopped working and the fleas got immuned. I used foggers and flea shampoo before the front line was used and in 3 days they was back on the dogs. Advantage was the way to go.

REVOLUTION!

It prevents fleas and ticks.

But what makes it special from other preventions is that it

prevents worms and heartworms.

Sold at most vet clicics. Some vets will not sell it because it keeps them

from selling you all that other expensive junk. I have heard vets

make up silly stories of why they will not carry it.

I have used it for years- it is the best!

link to their site- http://www.revolution4dogs.com/

Back
Top Bottom