What is Bob?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ally.alli.ally, Mar 30, 2011.

1. ally.alli.ally

ally.alli.ally Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm still new to BYC, so I'm hoping I posted this in the right place! [​IMG]

I got my first chicks a few weeks ago. I also have three silkies which I am in LOVE with! I have no idea what breed one of the chicks is! He has feathery feet. Some have told me he looks like a cochin. What do you guys think? Thanks SOOOO much in advance!!!!!! And btw- I LOVE this site!! I met a new friend in the area from here too! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I have a chick that looks just like the black chick in the middle of the last picture. Everyone has been telling me it is a Black Australorp. So I bet thats what yours is! Also the bird in the first picture could be some type of Brahma.

3. ally.alli.ally

ally.alli.ally Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2011
    The middle one is a Black Australorp and the end one is a Golden Comet (sorry- I forgot to mention that) [​IMG]

The first one (with the feathery feet) is the one I am confused about (he was with a bunch of mixed chicks). Thanks though, for you id [​IMG]

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Is he standard size or bantam?

If he has a straight comb he's a cochin. If his comb is kinda flat and spread out, he's a brahma. Both large, docile breeds, usually make nice pets.

5. momiphouph

momiphouph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Bob is a member of the Rare Chicken Club. Yup, those feathery feet mark him undoubtably as a JANITOR-FLOOR-MOP CHICKEN!!!! Just turn him loose in the kitchen and in no time, the floor will be all nicely swept up. Then you can pick up the pile of dust with a dustpan. Sprinkle some water on the floor and Bob will mop and shine it up for you. And he works for (the best part) CHICKEN FEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    blue or splash cochin (depending on comb type)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by