What is BYC's Policy Regarding Using Photos posted on BYC by Members for Personal Projects?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all! I've been working on a video project (that will be on YouTube) regarding molting. I wanted to include a small section on lice/mites so people could tell the difference and act accordingly. It's aimed at people that are very new to chickens and I figured the more information I could share the better. :) Anyways, we've only had lice in our chickens once and I totally forgot to take a picture. We treated with Elector PSP so as anybody who has used the product would know, the lice never came back so I never got a chance to take a picture. 😊 I found a great picture of lice eggs posted by a member on BYC, but wasn't sure if I could use it. I reached out to the member who posted it but didn't get a response. Was wondering if any members or admins could help me? Thank you in advance!

That's an interesting question. Don't YouTube content creators get paid for their traffic flow through the site based on upvotes and visits to given videos?
Yes they do. My channel isn't monetized yet but may be in the future when it can be. That's really the main reason why I wasn't sure about it. I'm not sure if she would like photo credit but I'm absolutely willing to give it if she wants! I just wasn't sure since most people probably don't want a picture of poultry lice attached to their name even though she cured it. LOL!

Yes they do. My channel isn't monetized yet but may be in the future when it can be. That's really the main reason why I wasn't sure about it. I'm not sure if she would like photo credit but I'm absolutely willing to give it if she wants! I just wasn't sure since most people probably don't want a picture of poultry lice attached to their name even though she cured it. LOL!

That and the copyright question are the primary two things I see at issue, but I think you're going about it the right way, asking questions and seeking license to use content that might not be your own.

That and the copyright question are the primary two things I see at issue, but I think you're going about it the right way, asking questions and seeking license to use content that might not be your own.
Thank you. 🤗 I've tried asking for pictures from members on BYC but got no response. Even asked on Facebook but it was the same story: treated with Elector PSP and forgot to take pictures. I'll keep searching. 🙃

Hi all! I've been working on a video project (that will be on YouTube) regarding molting. I wanted to include a small section on lice/mites so people could tell the difference and act accordingly. It's aimed at people that are very new to chickens and I figured the more information I could share the better. :) Anyways, we've only had lice in our chickens once and I totally forgot to take a picture. We treated with Elector PSP so as anybody who has used the product would know, the lice never came back so I never got a chance to take a picture. 😊 I found a great picture of lice eggs posted by a member on BYC, but wasn't sure if I could use it. I reached out to the member who posted it but didn't get a response. Was wondering if any members or admins could help me? Thank you in advance!
Absolutely! I'll send a private message, my neighbor has one helluva gnarly mite thing going on. Crusty legs, missing feathers, all that. I'd love to help!

Back
Top Bottom