What is Donut mixed with?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
So just had a post confirming she is a she now I need a post to figure out what she is mixed with- she appears pure bred (was sold as a Sultan) but then the single black tail feather is telling me she definitely isn’t. Any ideas? Going to be super hard to tell for sure but might as well try. She’s four months old

I was just sent a picture of the dad so now it’s “any idea what the dad is?” The mom is a pure sultan. Her dad is the last picture

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpeg
    IMG_4695.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4679.jpeg
    IMG_4679.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4696.jpeg
    IMG_4696.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 14
He has leg feathers to my eye. Also a pretty typical look for a Silkie mix; extra toes, mulberry skin, funky comb that's not quite a proper walnut like a pure Silkie, etc.

As for her crest and beard, it does appear as if the father is bearded, but likely with only one copy of the gene. So, it's possible your bird will have a smaller beard than one pure for the trait, but it looks like her beard is coming in just fine. The father's crest is very small, though, so very likely your bird won't have a crest as large as a pure Sultan.

He has leg feathers to my eye. Also a pretty typical look for a Silkie mix; extra toes, mulberry skin, funky comb that's not quite a proper walnut like a pure Silkie, etc.

As for her crest and beard, it does appear as if the father is bearded, but likely with only one copy of the gene. So, it's possible your bird will have a smaller beard than one pure for the trait, but it looks like her beard is coming in just fine. The father's crest is very small, though, so very likely your bird won't have a crest as large as a pure Sultan.
I don’t know why but I was almost positive the leg in the front was the only leg he had visible, I see it now.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom