What is going on with Lana?

SankufoUrbanFarm

Hatching
9 Years
Nov 9, 2010
My 9 month old Silver Laced Wyandotte, Lana has been in the dog kennel in the basement for the past several weeks after getting into a bloody fight with Alpha Ava, my Brahma. She recovered from that. Ava has been relocated to a new owners coop with roos! The problem is Lana now has a white chalky liquid that has been oozing from her vent. It has gotten better less oozing but it is still happeneing. Otherwise she is eating, drinking fiesty. Does anyone know what is going on?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm going to ask a moderator to move your thread to the emergencies section, where you'll likely get quicker, expert help.

Good luck to you and your hen.
smile.png

C'mon y'all, help a newbie out!

I'm not well enough versed in chicken illnesses to add anything useful.

I had a Brahma hen doing the same back a few months ago, She even laid some really weird looking eggs, so I kept an eye on her, as yours she was still eating good and drinking and running around like nothing was wrong, and after a few days even stopped the drainage, so hopefully the same will happen with yours. I also trimmed the feathers around her bottom to keep it from sticking and keeping her cleaner. hope this helps.

Thanks for the encouragement...I think what Lana has is something called VENT GLEET (yeast infection???). What I need to know is this curable? (I have been giving her yogurt, seems to be better.) Contagious to other chickens? None of my other hens in the coop contracted this. As Lana can not go back into my coop (because the other hens pick on her)...it is either relocation or culling. Appreciate the input.

Hmm... I know that that liquid out of the mouth usually means cocci/respiratory disease, but this I haven't heard of. Can we see a picture of the liquid, please?

Back
Top Bottom