What is going on with my chickens?

Sorry but none of us know what chicken powder is. What are the active ingredients or brand name and concentration percentage?
Did you dust or spray the entire coop with a miticide and put down new bedding when you cleaned it?
Had you initially identified mites?
I posted a picture above. I did not spray down the coop with anything. I cleaned it out, spread some of the powder and DE and added new bedding. No, everyone on here thought mites after my last post, I have never seen them.

It looks typical of feather pecking/eating. The most pristine bird in the flock is most likely the culprit; although, all may be engaging in the bad habit. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be used to break the habit and frequently can be removed once the birds have molted and are refeathered.

Yes. They completely healed since they were chicks (when I gave them a bigger space) and had beautiful feathers until a few months ago (as in post above)

It looks typical of feather pecking/eating. The most pristine bird in the flock is most likely the culprit; although, all may be engaging in the bad habit. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be used to break the habit and frequently can be removed once the birds have molted and are refeathered.
I increased protein recently as well because I was afraid of this. Is it pecking even though she is bald under her wings?

Back
Top Bottom