Chirping
Apr 17, 2018
97A243E7-5998-4DAB-ABAF-DE86A3B3DF4D.jpeg
50D6D495-42EB-4EA5-AC2A-5B522B317283.jpeg
BA6A4F76-1BE4-444A-BC3F-4DC210BE42C0.jpeg
97A243E7-5998-4DAB-ABAF-DE86A3B3DF4D.jpeg
50D6D495-42EB-4EA5-AC2A-5B522B317283.jpeg
BA6A4F76-1BE4-444A-BC3F-4DC210BE42C0.jpeg
Pretty new to chickens. I posted before a few months ago and I tried treating for mites. It is not getting any better. In fact, it is getting worse. Some of my chickens have balding spots (not bald) on their backs. One of my RI Reds in particular looks very bad. Red bald and irritated around vent , and bald spots on back, neck, under wings and tail. I also have a white leghorn that is very dirty (not sure if it’s related, I heard mites can leave dark spots. Please help! Should I keep treating for mites? If so, how? If not, what do I do? No roosters. I couldn’t get a good picture of the other bald spots

I dont see mites in the coop or on the chickens, but to be honest I’m not really sure what I am looking for other than tiny bugs. I rubbed the chicken powder that I got at the feed store onto the chickens and cleaned the coop.

It looks typical of feather pecking/eating. The most pristine bird in the flock is most likely the culprit; although, all may be engaging in the bad habit. Do an on site search on Pin Less Peepers. They can be used to break the habit and frequently can be removed once the birds have molted and are refeathered.

I dont see mites in the coop or on the chickens, but to be honest I’m not really sure what I am looking for other than tiny bugs. I rubbed the chicken powder that I got at the feed store onto the chickens and cleaned the coop.
Can you take a picture of this powder?
The package of it.

Sorry but none of us know what chicken powder is. What are the active ingredients or brand name and concentration percentage?
Did you dust or spray the entire coop with a miticide and put down new bedding when you cleaned it?
Had you initially identified mites?

Back
Top Bottom