What is going on with my girl??

beccram

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
Hello all -

Have searched the site and cannot find another thread with this in it:(

Our Barred girl - Speckles was limping 3 days ago when I went out to give them greens. I saw her and our Australorp ( ha- serene she is not - changing her name from Sidney to Sid Vicious) get into it over the hanging meal worm cake - so thought that might be the case. I brought her into the basement to our Chicken Hospital.. She eats well and drinks well, loves her greens - but every time she goes to walk she falls over - if I stand her up she weebles and falls over (- I told her weebles wabble but never fall down - but she didn't think that was funny I guess. I move her ward outdoors when it is nice ( no rain as it is a dog crate - which the dobe is still trying to figure out why there is a chicken in his crate - even though he doesn't use it anymore) and bring her in towards dusk.

She is light when I pick her up, laid an egg 2 days ago ( which I threw away - since I don't know her problem) and seems to be getting worse instead of better.

Is there something else I should be doing/looking for?

Thank you so much everyone!

I have no idea but feel bad no one has responded. My philosophy is if they eat and drink let them be and let nature take its course. You might want to examine her to see if there is anything broken or look up neurological problems online.
good luck to you.

Thanks Attila - I have checked her all over several times and can find nothing wrong with her
sad.png
Her poo is normal and her eyes clear - she cocks her head to listen when I talk to her..

Thanks for the reply - as I too feel bad that no one but you will take the time to help me..

You aren't that far from me distance-wise - hubby and I stayed in a wonderful house on the Toccoa River a year ago and loved it!

So , I am just leaving her alone in her hotel suite and waiting for ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom