What is going on with this guy??

Slinkee

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 20, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
I'm honestly not even sure of the best place to post this. We have this araucana guy, he was hatched by his mom and kicked out of the nest. His siblings look normal, he didn't have any feathers when I found him....he's very wirey and rough feeling and it almost looks like he has hairs sticking out everywhere. He's a little disproportionate as well, but otherwise healthy and fine. Any ideas what's going on?

No feathers? You mean he was born naked? Isn't that something! It kind of looks like he is tail-less in the pic. That would be OK, because an Araucana would have the genetics to be without a tail.

He sure is cute! You've done a good job with him.

I'm not sure what is wrong! I've never had a chick hatch naked before. I wonder if he'll turn out normal?

Last edited:
He has a beak, and everything else he is supposed to....except feathers lol. I'm not sure if you can see clearly enough in this photo but all he was born with were the little dark colored hairs sticking up on his back. He appears to be slowly getting in his big boy feathers now just fine though. Freaky looking little guy though.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom